05 August 2009

Iron Spider-Man


I bought the original iron spider-man online and was very disappointed at it. I only wanted it to enhance its originaly extra arms but the reality of it is that the whole figure just sucked. So instead, I made my own iron spider and will just have to make its extra arms out of scratch.

~Recipe~
base: ML Captain Marvel
head: LCBH Star
forearms: Bullseye
hands: Hasbro's Iron Spider-man

I used various references to complete the look of iron spider-man. There was the bust, comic books, fan art, and the original figure. Started with captain marvel as a base. ripped off the head and forearms. LCBH star head, bullseye forearms, original iron spider hands. sculpted over the forearms, sculpted the legs, the bottom of star's eyes, and of course the insignia. painted the forearms and the shoulders gold. For the color, I did the metallic look, primed in black then based in silver and finally clear red.

Soon, if I find the right formula and materials, I'll add on his spiderlegs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment